Gastroenteritis is an inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract. Mainly it can be caused by infection with viruses, bacteria, parasites, medications, and even new foods. If you feed too much gastrointestinal cat food that is not suitable for your cat and finds an alternative to it, then you are landing in the right place. We found the three best options for royal canin gastrointestinal(GI) cat food that is delicious in taste, protein, fiber, and from a trusted brand. “This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links”.
No doubt, Royal Canin Gastrointestinal is suitable for cats but after reading thousands of reviews and analyzing that few cats avoid it because of its taste. Also, cat owners are not happy with the price, which is too costly for someone, and they find easy to affordable alternatives to it.
A gastrointestinal diet for cats is a specific health need, especially for seniors. We found the top 3 replacements of Royal Canin Gastrointestinal cat food that we selected from trusted companies, and cat owners have fed it for the last few years.
Alternatives To Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Cat Foods
- Easy To Afford: Diamond Naturals Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food
- Best For Kittens To Adults: Hill’s Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Digestive/Fiber Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food
- Best Combination Of Chicken and Salmon Meal: Natural Balance Original Ultra Chicken Meal & Salmon Meal Formula Dry Cat Food
Diamond Naturals Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food
Diamond Naturals is a cheap alternative to Royal Canin Gastrointestinal cat food made with superfoods and guaranteed probiotics to help your cat. It’s best for all stages of cat development and overall health.
Delicious chicken is the food’s primary ingredient, a rich source of protein and essential nutrients—also made with natural and high-quality ingredients.
Compared to other gastrointestinal cat foods, it’s less price and trusted by thousands of cat owners. We give it a 4.9 rating from 5.
- We are proudly made in the USA.
- High in Fiber(8%) and Protein(32%)
- Provide extra energy for activities
- Contain essential vitamins and minerals from superfoods such as blueberries and oranges, omega fatty acids.
- Suitable for digestion, health and skin and coat
- It contains antioxidants, probiotics, and prebiotics that support the immune system, healthy digestion system, and overall health.
- Not for newborns and kittens
Hill’s Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Digestive/Fiber Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food
Compared to Royal Canin, Hill’s Prescription diet gastrointestinal food is the best alternative available in chicken as the primary ingredient. The food is developed by hill’s nutritionists and veterinarians that contain prebiotics to promote healthy digestive health.
A trusted brand made in the United States with natural and healthy ingredients. It also helps promote urinary issues difficult for struvite and calcium oxalate crystals to develop. We give it a 4.7 rating from 5.
- Promotes healthy stool
- Suitable For both kittens and adult cat
- Contain Activebiome plus ingredient to support beneficial gut bacteria and help healthy Gastrointestinal microbiome balance
- Contain omega-three fatty acids, DHA, and EPA
- Few reviews about the cat do not eat this food.
Natural Balance Original Ultra Chicken Meal & Salmon Meal Formula Dry Cat Food
Chicken and salmon meals are the main ingredients of naturally balanced cat food which are high protein sources. The food contains 34% protein and good fibre to support digestive health and the immune system.
It’s complete and balanced cat food with various fibres and omega-3 fatty and six fatty acids to help skin and coat. The food contains brown rice, which is suitable for cat’s digestion and GI diseases.
- Healthy food for all life stages
- contain a variety of fibres
- help to maintain the immune system
- contain antioxidants, vitamins and minerals
- Not grain Free
Mybestcatfood participates in affiliate marketing programs with Chewy. “This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.”
We found three alternatives to Royal Canin gastrointestinal cat food which is entirely natural and made for digestion and the immune system. Diamond naturals indoor cat food for GI is our best for cat owners who haven’t been able to find a different recipe than Royal.